When it comes to starting your own company, running a small business, or even owning a seasoned independent retail shop, there are three things that remain the same:
- You want to drive business
- You want to build repeat business
- You want to become profitable
There is a lot to consider when first starting out. What are your hours of operation going to be? Do you want to have an ecommerce site? How or even who is going to run your marketing?
Let me stop you there…
When it comes to marketing there is one easy trick that you can do that will drive repeated revenue to your business. And that’s customized product packaging like this.
These facts will make you look at your custom packaging as more of a marketing investment instead of a shipping necessity. Based on a survey by Shorr Packaging Corp completed in January of 2016:
- 51% of premium shoppers (those who spent at least $200 in one transaction) felt that custom packaging made the product feel more valuable
- 44% of premium shoppers said that they would make a repeat purchase based on the packaging
- 37% of premium shoppers have shared an image of custom product packaging on some sort of social media platform…. It gets better.
- On average repeat customers spend 67% more than first time customers
- Since 2010 there has been an 871% increase in YouTube videos with ‘unboxing’ in the title…yep, I thought the same thing. Is that really a thing?Yes it is, and it’s a great way to have your marketing multiplied!
- 42% of customers when asked were very likely to notice custom design packaging
- 71% of premium shoppers preferred customer design packaging over just custom printed boxes (not sure what the difference is? Click here.)
Build Repeat Business
Making your business memorable is what drives repeat business. For an ecommerce business the product packaging is the first tactile experience the customer has with your company and your brand. So you want to make a good impression. If you are a retailer you want to continue your customer’s experience even after she leaves the store.
Almost 50% of retailers feel their custom packaging helps them compete with other big box stores. You want your customer to get home and not wait to open her bag from your store just so she can ‘unwrap’ her goodies. Your customers will feel that each purchase is gift wrapped just for them.
There’s a great deal of positivity surrounding customized packaging. But there’s one more fact for you and it’s a doozy…
● Only 11% of online customers are completely happy with the packaging they receive
Which means there are plenty of customers just waiting to be wooed by you! So what are you waiting for?
Visit ID Source now and speak with one of our talented and knowledgeable staff members so we can get you exactly what you need to win over the other 89%.
Stack the deck in your favor of increasing your revenue and see how customizing your product packaging can help you become more profitable.
Still not convinced? Click here to request a sample customized package just for you.