This year Mother’s Day is predicted to be a $23.6 billion revenue holiday.
If you go to the mall or if you’re apart of an email list, chances are you’ve already started seeing promotions. So how do you make your business stand out among the sea of sales? By being creative and offering your customers more than just a sale price.
In this article I’ve listed 3 ways you can market your business and how you can stand out and drive traffic this Mother’s Day.
#1 Make It Husband Friendly
When it comes to holidays and gift giving some dads, husbands, even seasoned grandfathers can have a hard time finding the right gift. Here are some ideas that can make shopping at your store easy and ‘painless’:
- Have a go-to display with select products that would make great Mother’s Day gifts. For example, if you’re a cosmetic store showcasing some of the new makeup trends and best sellers make for a quick and popular grab.
- Offer gift wrapping. Saving Dad’s time and energy of finding a gift, getting it home, and then finding time to sneak away to wrap it can make buying Mother’s Day gifts a dream at your store.
- Make sure he knows that you offer gift cards. If he’s having a hard time deciding, not quite sure where to start, or is buying last minute (it happens) he can buy something that she can use on herself.
#2 Make It Kid Friendly
Kids love to buy their Moms gifts. The accomplishment on their face from being able to pick out the present, pay for it and wrap it is priceless So why not have some kid friendly promotions to help create those priceless moments? Here are a couple of ideas:
- Have a ‘Kids Sale’. For example, most of the time kids want to pay with their own money so lowering the price on select products/services or creating a percent off sale to better match their allowance can make the buying process more fun.
- Not handing your Mom a physical gift on Mother’s Day can be boring to little ones. If you’re a company who offers services, such as a yoga studio, tanning, or hair salon offer a physical gift with their purchase. Being able to give their Mom a new yoga mat, or new bottles of hair products adds more value to the gift and gives the kid something to wrap.
#3 Make It Mom Friendly
Because you’re great at customer service you know your customers. You know who the Moms are. And some Moms all they want for Mother’s Day is some alone time, maybe even some retail therapy. Here are some ways that you can make Mother’s Day special for the Moms who come into your store:
- Offer special discounts to the Moms. You can also send out ‘Mom’s Only’ coupons to draw in extra traffic Mother’s Day weekend.
- Make them feel special while they’re shopping with you or using your services. Give them the VIP service, with bottled water, champagne (if your company allows), chocolates, and a flower.
- Send out gift cards to your Mom customers. And if you’re having a Mother’s’ Day sale let her know so she can come in and use it.
You should take advantage of the increased traffic this Mother’s Day. By making your store more husband and kid friendly you can make gift buying fun and less stressful. And by making it a special occasion for Moms you’re showing appreciation for your customers which helps build loyalty to your brand.
Gift cards will make up about 45% of sales this Mother’s Day. Contact Suncoast ID Source and we’ll have our design team help you create gift cards to make this holiday special.